Devon Libraries, Tough Choices
Tell us What you Think
We want your views on a series of proposed changes to the way the library service operates in Devon.
We have developed seven proposals for the future of Devon Libraries which have been influenced by a range of factors, including the:
- changing use of libraries with a decline in traditional book-lending services
- rapidly changing technological landscape and our customers’ expectations that services should be available online and in a range of formats
- wider potential of libraries to support communities to develop skills and capacity
- need to make further budget savings
We have to make £1.5 million savings between 2014/15 and 2016/17. The seven proposals could deliver the required savings and provide a good spread of locations across Devon where high-quality and modern library services would be integrated with other complementary services.
We are consulting on these proposals until 17 July 2014. We will then use the feedback to create a definitive set of proposals to take to Devon County Council’s Cabinet.
Please take the time to review and consider the proposals. There are several ways that you can tell us your views:
- Fill in the questionnaire online
- Pick up a paper copy of the questionnaire from your local library
- Attend a drop-in session at your local library (Details of the dates and times can be found by following the link below)
To view the proposals in detail, to read the information pack about your local library and to fill in a questionnaire please go to:
[+ go back...]